°í´ë´º½º N
µû²öµû²öÇÑ Çг» ¼Ò½ÄÀ» ÀüÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
»õ·Î°íħ | ·Î±×ÀÎ
À͸í
GT | µî·ÏÀÏ : 2015-09-03 20:39:27 | ±Û¹øÈ£ : 6853 | 0
1705¸íÀÌ Àоú¾î¿ä ¸ð¹ÙÀÏÈ­¸é URL º¹»ç
[NEWS] KU Korean Language and Literature Welcomes Its First Foreign Professor

÷ºÎ À̹ÌÁö : 1°³

Pictured above is the professor who made history, Jeffrey J. Holliday. Provided by Korea University.

By Kim DaHyun (byejen@korea.ac.kr)

Jeffrey J. Holliday is the professor behind all the excitement. For the very first time since Korea University (KU)¡¯s Korean Language and Literature Department was established in 1946, the department has appointed a full-time professor who happens to be a foreigner. Professor Holliday will teach undergraduate students in classes such as ¡®Korean Social Linguistics¡¯ and ¡®Phonemics in Korean as Second Language¡¯.

He will also teach graduate students in a class called ¡®Research Ethics and English Academic Writing.¡¯ All three said lectures will be in English. Professor Holliday¡¯s interest in Korea began in 2001 when he traveled to Korea while he was attending University of Ohio. In the following year, he began studying Korean at the Korean Center at KU. His passion for Korean even led him to giving himself a Korean name which is ¡®Ha Jin-pyo.¡¯

Professor Holliday received a doctoral degree in Linguistics for his dissertation on ¡®Korean Phonetics¡¯ at the graduate school of University of Ohio. On his historic appointment to the KU Korean Language and Literature Department he answered, ¡°I believe my being appointed as a full-time professor in the Korean Language and Literature Department signifies that I should take on accurately teaching foreigners who are learning Korean.¡±

Ãâó : °í·Á´ëÇб³ °íÆĽº 2024-04-29 08:39:39:

»õ·Î°íħ | ¸ñ·Ïº¸±â 
´ñ±ÛÀ» ÀÛ¼ºÇÏ½Ç ¼ö ¾ø½À´Ï´Ù. (±ÇÇÑÀÌ ¾ø´Â ȸ¿ø·¹º§)
¸ñ·Ïº¸±â 
Ä·ÆÛ½ºÇÁ·»Áî | ´ëÇ¥ : ¹ÚÁ¾Âù
¼­¿ï ¼ººÏ±¸ ¾È¾Ï·Î83 5F
»ç¾÷ÀÚ µî·Ï¹øÈ£ : 391-01-00107
Åë½ÅÆǸž÷½Å°í : 2019-¼­¿ï¼ººÏ-1598
02-925-1905
e-mail : kopapa@koreapas.com
°íÆĽº ¼Ò°³ | ÀÌ¿ë¾à°ü | °³ÀÎÁ¤º¸Ãë±Þ¹æħ | ÀÌ¿ë¹®ÀÇ | FAQ