°í´ë´º½º N
µû²öµû²öÇÑ Çг» ¼Ò½ÄÀ» ÀüÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
»õ·Î°íħ | ·Î±×ÀÎ
À͸í
GT | µî·ÏÀÏ : 2015-03-31 17:41:47 | ±Û¹øÈ£ : 6309 | 0
1936¸íÀÌ Àоú¾î¿ä ¸ð¹ÙÀÏÈ­¸é URL º¹»ç
[NEWS] TEDxKU Held at Hana Square Auditorium

÷ºÎ À̹ÌÁö : 2°³

1) Members of TEDxKU preparatory committee. Provided by TEDxKU.
2) The main logo of TEDxKU is installed on the stage. Provided by TEDxKU.

By Suh Jaehee (suhj@korea.ac.kr)

On March 28, at Korea University (KU) Hana Square Auditorium, independently organized Technology, Entertainment, Design (TED) event for KU was held. With the name TEDxKU for short, the preparatory committee has been officially licensed from TED and launched the event by itself. They also had several celebrations—giving a pen, eco-bag, clear file, and a badge as free gifts, and an after party by the end of the speeches. Speakers from five different fields gave their speeches in accord with the theme of this event, ¡°Geeks Change the world¡±.

The first part of TEDxKU began with the speech of Sim Gyu Min, Chief Technology Executive (CTO) of Entry Korea. Entry is a programming instrument which is different from conventional ones using C language by implementing block assembly for visual programming. During the lecture, Sim showed some eye-catching programming processes such as turning fruits into instruments. By the end of his speech, he said, ¡°As computer technologies have been and are developing faster than ever, the technology for teaching them will be the same. I will work hard for the day when many people can learn programming easily.¡±

Second speaker was Kim Sang Hyuk, the creator of Chakhanbabyak, which means a good meal appointment in Korean. While thinking intently about how to achieve everyone¡¯s happiness, he focused on KU¡¯s unique Babyak culture. Believing a seniors¡¯ favor to buy meal for juniors can motivate juniors to donate, he started a donation campaign named Chakhanbabyak, which suggests students to donate 1000 won after having Babyak. ¡°To make many people happy is simple. Capture positive emotions in daily lives as special events. Then, the life will be more valuable than before, which finally will lead to social happiness,¡± Kim said.

Third speaker was Park Lin of Making Books Magnetic 5. Magnetic 5 is an institute making books using various printing methods, and one of its representative projects is printing out books for visually handicapped children. ¡°I asked, ¡®Do you want to make books, too?¡¯ and the children answered, ¡®Yes!¡¯ to my question. This was how "Touching Words and Pictures" project started,¡± Park said. While introducing several stories that the children had made, she stated that they have their own distinctive way to see the world. According to Park, she just wanted to provide those visually handicapped children a chance to make their own book via other four senses and with their unique creativity.

An a cappella group D.I.A. began the second part of TEDxKU. D.I.A. consists of five members—Kim Jung Hoon(baritone), Seo Ga Young(soprano), Kim Ji Hyun(tenor), Kim Seung Tae(base), and Lee Jin Hee(alto). They performed various genres of songs, from classic music like William Tell Overture to Korean POP Music (K-POP) medley.

Following refreshing stage, Korean maker Lee Tae Ho marked the end of the event. ¡°I think a maker is a person who makes something with any technological tools, so it may be better to call as a ¡®culture maker¡¯,¡± he stated. According to Lee, the culture maker, he has been interested in making goods with paper and recently, with coffee. He emphasized one thing at the end of his speech: ¡°Remember Test Driven Development (TDD). Don¡¯t cling to failures. Only after you become flexible toward failure, your thinking will be flexible as well. This is what I have experienced the most since I worked as a maker.¡±

The chief organizer Shin Dong Joo (¡¯12, Electricity and Electronic Engineering) said, ¡°I want to place the meaning of ¡®start¡¯ on this event. Now I just took the first step to my goal, which is to hold the level two event in the name of KU, considering that only a few organizations have ever held until now.¡± While he admits there were several unsatisfactory parts during the event, he expressed that he is constantly working hard to host better events. He also added that he is planning another differentiated, unique project in the future.

Ãâó : °í·Á´ëÇб³ °íÆĽº 2024-04-28 09:02:47:

»õ·Î°íħ | ¸ñ·Ïº¸±â 
´ñ±ÛÀ» ÀÛ¼ºÇÏ½Ç ¼ö ¾ø½À´Ï´Ù. (±ÇÇÑÀÌ ¾ø´Â ȸ¿ø·¹º§)
¸ñ·Ïº¸±â 
Ä·ÆÛ½ºÇÁ·»Áî | ´ëÇ¥ : ¹ÚÁ¾Âù
¼­¿ï ¼ººÏ±¸ ¾È¾Ï·Î83 5F
»ç¾÷ÀÚ µî·Ï¹øÈ£ : 391-01-00107
Åë½ÅÆǸž÷½Å°í : 2019-¼­¿ï¼ººÏ-1598
02-925-1905
e-mail : kopapa@koreapas.com
°íÆĽº ¼Ò°³ | ÀÌ¿ë¾à°ü | °³ÀÎÁ¤º¸Ãë±Þ¹æħ | ÀÌ¿ë¹®ÀÇ | FAQ